SimpliLiberty is a metasearch engine, aggregating the results of other search engines while not storing information about its users.
The SimpliLiberty project is driven by the desire of privacy from big tech. Come join us on Twitter if you have questions or just want to chat about SimpliLiberty’s search engine at @libertySimpli:twitter.com
Make SimpliLiberty better.
- You can improve SimpliLiberty translations at Weblate, or…
- Send contributions, and report issues at SimpliLiberty sources.
Why use it?
- SimpliLiberty may not offer you as personalized results as Google, but it doesn’t generate a profile about you.
- SimpliLiberty doesn’t care about what you search for, never shares anything with a third-party, and it can’t be used to compromise you.
- SimpliLiberty is free to use and everyone is welcome to suggest changes to make it better.
If you do care about privacy, want to be a conscious user, or otherwise believe in digital freedom, make SimpliLiberty your default search engine!
How do I set it as the default search engine?
SimpliLiberty supports OpenSearch. For more information on changing your default search engine, see your browser’s documentation:
- Microsoft Edge - Behind the link, you will also find some useful instructions for Chrome and Safari.
- Chromium-based browsers only add websites that the user navigates to without a path.
When adding a search engine, there must be no duplicates with the same name. If you encounter a problem where you cannot add the search engine, you can either:
- remove the duplicate (default name: SimpliLiberty) or
- contact the owner to give the instance a different name than the default.
How does it work?
SimpliLiberty is a fork from the well-known searx metasearch engine which was inspired by the Seeks project. It provides basic privacy by mixing your queries with searches on other platforms without storing search data. SearXNG can be added to your browser’s search bar; moreover, it can be set as the default search engine.
The stats page contains some useful anonymous usage statistics about the engines used.